|TASTE the Event gives you the opportunity to enjoy the|
Triangle's delcious fare with friends and family!
Between Durham and Chapel Hill there is no shortage of fantastic restaurants to enjoy during your next visit to the Triangle. In fact there are so many it might be a little overwhelming to choose just where you want to go! But this month, between April 23rd and 27th, TASTE the Event provides you with the perfect excuse to visit our Durham bed and breakfast and sample a wide variety of the Triangle’s delicious fare from the best restaurants in Durham. This celebration of the Triangle’s local food culture, hosted by Durham Magazine and Chapel Hill Magazine, will feature a variety of events that highlight many personalities and places that make the Triangle such a delicious place to eat.
The five day party kicks off at Top of the Hill in Chapel Hill with a cocktail and Hors D’Oeuvres reception, where you’ll get the chance to meet local food writers and cookbook authors and enjoy the spirits created by TOPO, the only certified fully local distillery in the South.
You won’t want to miss the Grand TASTE Experience on April 24th at the Durham Performing Arts Center. This event is designed showcase the Triangle’s variety of culinary creations. You’ll be able to sample culinary creations, artistic baked goods, fine wines, locally-brewed craft beers, and Triangle-roasted coffee, all while supporting local food banks with the purchase of your ticket.
But the fun doesn’t stop there, TASTE the Event continues through April 27th with addition events such as:
|Chef Katie from the Durham Spirits Co. will guide you|
through the Durham Farmer's Market and teach you how
to turn local products into a delcious 3 course lunch
- A drinks and dessert reception at Piedmont Restaurant (April 25th)
- A Taste of Italy wine dinner at Il Palio Ristorante (April 25th)
- A chef-guided shopping trip to the Durham Farmer’s Market complete with cooking lessons for a three-course lunch (April 26th)
- A 3-course meal with wine pairings that pits two wine masters against each other to win the affection of your palate (April 26th)
- A Gospel Brunch (April 27th)
- A dinner buffet featuring three things the Triangle is known for Bluegrass, Brews, and BBQ (April 27th)